"If we did all the things we are capable of, we'd truly astound ourselves" --Thomas Edison
Monday, July 05, 2010
Flashback to 2003?
Halfway home, I noticed that traffic was weird. I was sitting on a streetcar, and cars just weren't moving at the same pace that they usually did. I noticed that a couple traffic lights seemed to be out, and then noticed pedestrians taking pictures at an intersection. As the streetcar finally moved forward, I noticed that the "spectacle" was a good samaritan directing traffic. Whoa, flashback to 2003? The next intersection had a similar scene. What was going on? I got into my condo and saw the long line standing in front of dark, out of service elevators. Power outage. I took the stairs and got a nice little workout. It was the first time that I had a power outage at my place, and I was surprised at how many habits I'd built that dealt with electricity. I can't recall how many times I tried to turn the light switch on. I had no idea how much of the city was effected (apparently very little) and how long it would last. It's been awhile since I was in a power outage. Today of all days wasn't a good day to have no power, but luckily, it came back on at the right time to continue on with the rest of the night. I did miss dance class because of it (wasn't sure if the studio would be open), but I guess the consolation was a little quad workout climbing those stairs.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment