At this time of year, a lot of people settle in front of the TV to watch A Charlie Brown Christmas, Home Alone, Love Actually, or The Sound of Music.
I watched Requiem for a Dream. Ha.
I've had a borrowed copy of the DVD in my possession for three years and have had really good intentions to watch the film, but I don't tend to be in the right mood to watch this kind of movie. Not to say that the holidays put me in the mood to watch this kind of film, but I figured that I would probably never be in the right mood, so on a quiet night in, I just decided to go for it.
It's an interesting movie. Probably not my favorite that I've ever seen, but it's interesting. I thought it started sort of slowly, but I think this is a movie that the more you think about it or watch it, you'd be able to get more out of it. And of course, the soundtrack is amazing. Amazing enough that a bazillion ice dance teams skated to its soundtrack during last year's Olympic season.
Also - Happy Holidays, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment