Wednesday, May 02, 2012

One Fine Day

The second film that I watched in this year's Hot Docs was One Fine Day. It was sort of ho hum. It played out like a paid programming advertisement for some sort of organization. I don't know what the organization would be, but something like a activism, stand up for your rights kind of thing. The deep voiced narrator with a British accent didn't really help matters.
Now, the issues discussed in the documentary are really important, but it just seemed a little bit too forced. Too cliche. The stories and people that were featured were great, but it was still pretty blah. Blah enough that I think I started to fall asleep in one part. Actually, I'm pretty sure that I dozed off. I know that I'm running on fumes right now and I can pretty much fall asleep in any dark room, but still, I would have thought that if the documentary was good, it would keep me awake.
I really don't have too much to say about the film. As I said previously, it was pretty ho hum. There wasn't a Q&A or anything but I didn't feel as though I would have been enlightened by one. The one part of the film that I did enjoy was the beginning and ending. Weaving in that common theme and imagery...that was great. But yeah. That's it.
Wow, the most lackluster review ever.

- picture courtesy of www.hotdocs.ca

No comments: