Written on September 6, 2004 @ 12:42
Some suggestions for those who might want to teach internationally:
1. Go on the internet and surf around to the Council of International Schools, the European Council of International Schools and TES websites. Here you can find job postings, links to school websites and more information about teaching internationally.
2. Perfect your cover letter and résumé. I got permission from my references to give out their business and home contact info to make it easier for the schools to contact them at various times. I also warned my references that I was contacting schools throughout the year so they may be contacted at any time about me.
3. Look into job fairs.
4. Keep a record of which schools you contacted, when, in what capacity.
5. Be persistent. While I don’t actually know if schools like being pestered with e-mails, everyone I’ve talked to thinks persistency pays off.
6. Be optimistic (but that’s just my opinion on how you should be in life in general).
No comments:
Post a Comment