Since I'm new to this, and I'm a bit of a nut when it comes to trust, personal space, someone hunting me down because they know all about my life, I've been doing some editing.
Until this point, I had mostly used people's first names (no last names) and then named some specifics in my life, but I'm wondering if that's a smart thing to do?
How candid can I be on this blog?
What if my kids come on here and somehow something I've said makes me lose their respect as a professional?
What if certain people didn't want to be mentioned?
I using only first names enough?
I guess this is the problem with the web. Everything's fair game.
I mean, the URL itself gives personal info away.
So I've decided to think about it some more, but in the meantime, I've edited my previous posts to take out names and stuff.
Comments would be greatly appreciated, because I'm going to worry myself into a hole about this.
Cheers,
*L*
1 comment:
I think if you're going to talk about work stuff you need to take the names right out of it. Don't even like say "A" for a name that starts with A. Use a totally different thing.
hell I don't even think you should talk about work stuff. You can come here and complain but keep specifics out of it. I bet it's super easy to find this website by Googling your name.
I remember I was in a job interview and the guy right there Googles for my name (websites, *and* newsgroups) while we're chatting, like, after he's asked me his questions and stuff and we're just talking. Too bad he only found my writing and stuff. I think he was looking for posts or anything I've written that makes me seem like an ass. Ha ha ha. (it's the guy who I co-opped for at the place I'm working now)
W
Post a Comment