Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Reading roadblock

I've been trying to read For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway, but three chapters in, I've put it back on the bookshelf.
I just don't find it interesting. I find myself just scanning the words, and going through the pages, but I'm not absorbing, or enjoying, or wanting to read more of the story.
I think I might just be a little intimidated by the fact that it's Hemingway (although I'm not sure why it would be intimidating at all), but the book just isn't working for me.
I'm going to move on to the next book for now, and maybe come back to this one.
I'm a little disappointed and discouraged, but hopefully I'll be able to find another book and get back into the swing of things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think For Whom The Bell Tolls is my favourite book of all time. Maybe it's just behind Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters by Salinger. You really should give it another try. The story is amazing -- albeit depressing.