Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Movenpick Cinnamon & Plum Ice Cream

It's been a long time since I did a review of a chocolate bar, but that's with good reason. I haven't eaten a chocolate bar since then!
I recently tried the Limited Edition Movenpick Cinnamon & Plum ice cream, so I thought I'd share my thought about it.
Movenpick ice cream is good, there's no question about it, but this is definetely a strange combination. I'm not even sure how they came up with this one. I like each of the components, but as a whole, I'm undecided.
It's sort of like the plum part of the ice cream is a "ripple" or a "swirl". You don't really taste it throughout the ice cream. If you get a spoonful of the plum part, it's really tasty, but if not, I feel like the rest of the ice cream is a little too cinnamon-esque. But it wasn't a good kind of cinnamon. It wasn't like a cinnamon heart or Hot Lips kind of cinnamon...just something different. You could tell there was a lot of spice in the ice cream (and I don't mean "hot") but it was like a weird mixture of flavours. Holiday-esque perhaps...it reminded me of that 5-spice stuff my mom puts on turkeys. A melange of spices.
The ice cream (although this is quite often the case with ice creams) leaves a bad aftertaste in your mouth.

I would not order a large bowl of this ice cream, but I would enjoy a scoop of it (if it included a lot of plum "swirl").

-picture courtesy of www.moevenpick-icecream.com

No comments: