Sure, it wasn't March the 14th, but this past Thursday night I had a little pi party which involved eating pie and watching Pi with a bunch of fellow math lovers. What an interesting movie. In high school I remember watching the first little bit of it and being intrigued and knowing that I wanted to watch the whole thing in the future, but it wasn't until the pi party that I followed through with this.
The movie is about a number theorist who wants to find the patterning in life among other things. It's a very very artsy movie, so I definitely don't understand all of the meaning behind the different things that happened in the movie. It was a little too bizarro for me. Yet, I still liked it. I think that has to do with the fact that there were so many math references in it. It was noticed though that the special number was different every time it came up on the screen. I wonder why the producers didn't make sure that was consistent. Strange.
Anyway, a horrible attempt at a movie review...all you need to know if that if you like bizarro movies with lots of symbolism, watch this one for sure.
And also: Pi Parties are FAB.
-picture courtesy of www.pithemovie.com
No comments:
Post a Comment