Friday, April 18, 2008

It was bound to happen

I've been soaring ever since October-ish. It was a learning experience coming back from Europe and there were a couple really low points, but I thought I was adjusting quite well and a lot of wonderful things happened after I got home that I really embraced being back and enjoying everything that I had going on. Great opportunities arose and I got to do things that I couldn't do while I was away. I got to see and spend time with people that I'd missed so much and I got to move forward with some of the things that I'd put on hold. When I first came home there were a couple things that didn't work out as planned, but everything always happens for a reason, and it quickly became clear what my path for the year would be and it was better than I could have ever imagined. Everything seemed to be moving in the right direction, smooth sailing so to speak and then BAM! There's a wrench in my plans, and I'm not sure what to do. It's thrown me for a loop. I'm going through the stages of mourning/grief. Today I woke up and was a mixture of anger and depression. It was the weirdest thing. I felt stupid. With the great weather and everything else going me way, why was I letting this one little thing get to me? Luckily, my day ended wonderfully, but I've still got this lingering feeling that something's not right. I mean, things aren't going according to my plans. Frig, isn't everything supposed to go according to my plans? Jeez people, work with me here!

No comments: