Ugh. Wrong. I'm not sure if I would recommend this show.
If you know lots about it and know what you're getting into and still want to see it, then go see it.
I had no idea what the storyline was (sorry - no Bible studies for me) and I just have memories of TV commercials with Donny Osmond and something with a pharaoh that looked like Elvis Presley. No idea what Elvis has to do with the Bible.
Once the real show started, I became confused. Very confused. I followed the storyline quite easily, but I wasn't sure why characters all of a sudden became Spanish or French. Or the little American desert thing. I still don't understand why Elvis made an appearance. Or why we were back to the 60s and 70s.
Honestly, I don't understand. It was so weird.
The songs were good, but the backdrop and costuming was bizarro. I was not expecting it, nor am I really sure that I enjoyed it.
I'm sure that was Andrew Lloyd Webber's point - to do something different, but sorry Sir Webber, I'm not a fan.
Proceed with caution, that's what I say.
No comments:
Post a Comment