It's beautifully situated with the terrasse overlooking the lake and interestingly enough boasts a sushi menu. This is interesting. Sushi seems to be the new "hot thing" in Neuch. It's so much the trend that there's a sushi restaurant in the gare. This is weird.
Anyway, for some reason, I didn't get the sushi (I think because it was so overpriced, and I figured that I could get better stuff in Toronto and also the regular menu sounded very pretentious so I needed to test it out). This turned out to be a mistake because the sushi looked really good and my entree was lackluster. VERY lackluster.
Amour de « short-ribs » de bœuf braisés aux épices, achards de mangue en écumes, mousseline de céleri rave sounds good, doesn't it? Nevermind.
Anyway, the point of the post isn't to knock the food, but to gush about the water menu. I have a weird thing with water. I've got a bunch of beautiful bottles of water from various locations around the world (mainly European continent). The water menu reminded me of the time I was at Epic way back when and started my foray into fine water. We'd ordered a sparkling Voss and a still Gleneagles at the time.
Anyway, I didn't sample anything, but I enjoyed looking through the menu and seeing the descriptions of each of the waters. Nice touch to split them up by continent.
From Europe:
Here's one from Africa.
There were three from the Americas.
One water from Asia and the other a
fruit juice that made the cut.
And finally, three waters from the Australia-region.
No comments:
Post a Comment