Wednesday, July 23, 2008

The Dark Knight

For someone who's pretty critical of movies, I have to say this movie was amazing. I didn't watch the first Batman movie, so before the show started, I had friends tell me all about what I would be watching. I'm glad they filled me in.
The movie seemed long, but luckily not in a bad way. I have a bad habit of wondering how long a movie's been playing for so that I can guess if there's going to be a lot more plotline to cover or any twists that may happen or if the end of the story is near. There were a couple twists and open ended moments which work well for future Batman movie installments. At least that was my impression.
A little blurb by someone who knows about this stuff confirmed my hunches. I usually don't like when things are predictable, but I feel like this was done well enough that I'm not bothered by it. It kind of left it in a way that I want to watch the next movie to see if I'm definitely right. Or maybe the characters end in this one and it was just my hunches about their character development were right on and answered within the movie itself. Whatever. It was a good movie. Oh wait, I read the blurb again and it didn't confirm anything. I just read it too fast last time. I guess I will have to watch the next movie to find out what's going on or just ask to see what happens in the comics.
I guess maybe I should go back and watch the first one?
This was a gooooooood movie. Tastefully done. Action. Suspense. All the stuff that makes it a movie to definitely be seen on the big screen, but not too crazy that I needed to distract my mind so I wouldn't have to watch brutality on-screen. Good enough to get your mind imagining how scary it could have been (music was well done too), but imagination's enough. Sometimes better than seeing it for real. Costuming was nice too. For all of the hype, it (thankfully) did not disappoint.
I think all of the actors did a very respectable job. I don't know if it's up to Academy Award standard, but there were some incredible performances.
Dude, if you haven't already, watch The Dark Knight.

I gotta go out and see more movies.
The trailers were crappy. The only one that was of any interest was the next James Bond movie. I like the styling of the movie.
I need to remember to buy my ticket package for the TIFF08.

2 comments:

Sarah J. said...

Dave and I have the first one on DVD if you wanna borrow it.

...or wait, did you borrow it already?

*L* said...

Nope - haven't borrow it...yet. =)