Saturday, May 23, 2009

Great

The jet lag continues.
I just woke up from the most wonderful nap.
Woke up at the time that I should probably think about going to sleep for real.
I'm completely backwards.

They say that jet lag's worse when you return back home. Totally true for me.
You're all excited to be traveling and like with me, you're super-tourist, forcing your body to get on track. I only really felt and strangeness on the first night that I arrived and then I was pretty good. Lots of walking probably helped the cause too.
Now that I'm home, I've decided to take a different approach. Just chillax. I'm sort of going to sleep when I'm supposed to, but if I need a nap in the middle of the day (which I pretty much have every day since I've been home - often due to the fact that I haven't been sleeping through the whole night), I do. I haven't crammed stuff into my schedule, but have given myself a little bit of a break as I've been going non-stop for quite some time. I'm doing some physical activity to try to get myself, but not as hard core as when I was traveling.

The nice the thing about being backwards is that I was good and awake for my presentation early this morning. I'm sure nerves had a little to do with it, but the timing was great as I had enough time to get the sheer exhaustion out of my system although not my completely over my jet-lag.

No comments: