Saturday, May 30, 2009

Wonderful

I had a great day today.
Dance class, market, walking.
I think I'll have to start getting up earlier on Saturdays and go to the market before my dance class, because by the time I got to the market today, almost everything was packed up. What was left was on uber-sale, but that's not really the point. I had been craving some arugula, but the vendor that I was hoping to get it from was already gone. Boo. That's okay, I just got some asparagus (it's in season!) and it's really really tasty. Unfortunately, I will have stinky pee as a result.
I think forcing myself to wake up early and go to the market first will actually be better for my dancing. I'd actually woken up surprisingly early today (I think I'm over my jetlag) and had even eaten breakfast with enough time to let some of the nutrients coarse through my body, but class still felt a little bit rough. Maybe OJ and a poppyseed muffin isn't a good enough breakfast. I think going out for a walk first will help get my body going. And chances are, I'll probably pick up a snack from the market with some sort of protein content.
It was a beautiful day today, and I didn't really have anything pressing to do (after class and the market), so I just kinda wandered and got more groceries from Chinatown. It was a leisurely stroll and through light sun showers, street artists and a Capoeira demonstration, I had an enjoyable afternoon.
I'll probably curl up in my lounge chair and read a little bit.
It's been a good day.

No comments: