For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to cook some different things. Expand my cooking repertoire, if you will.
Let's see, BBQ ribs, BBQ chicken, burritos, salsa, guacamole, coconut curry soup, various salads, meatloaf, steak...
It's been going pretty well so far.
I'm not a recipe follower (except if I bake). I do a couple internet searches for recipes to get an idea of common ingredients and then I ad lib it. I haven't really cooked anything that needed to be exact.
It takes me a lot longer to cook than I usually plan for, and I tend to overestimate people's eating abilities and make way too much food. Better more than less. I would hate for people to go home hungry.
I'm not too sure what I want to cook next week.
I do know that at some point, I want to prep a night for moules frites, and have a lobster fest.
It's been fun to cook.
1 comment:
mmm... sounds tasty! i'll be sure to invite myself over for dinner when i'm in town next!
-brenda.
Post a Comment