I was asked to do one of those full body scans at the airport today. After beeping when going through the regular scanner, the GTAA (I mean, Toronto Pearson) worker told me I had two options. And then proceeded to tell me that I would be going to the full body scanner. Weird.
I was told it wasn't an x-ray scanner, so that made me feel vaguely better. I did ask to make sure there would be not crazy gusts of air or anything as I was wearing a skirt. Hey, call me completely naive, but I remember being very much caught off-guard when going into that bomb detector at the base of the CN Tower.
I wasn't allowed to stand with my natural stance, but instructed to place my feet on the assigned spots (wider enough than shoulder width to make me feel more self conscious than I was already feeling). And then, the awkward, put-your-hands-in-the-air thing was great too. Anyway, me being me, I wanted to see what kind of image the scan produced. Apparently, the person that was looking at my scan (walkie-talkie distance away, because apparently they're not supposed to see who I am and don't have any indicating data about my identity) said there was still something of question on me. It was only at that moment that my scan popped up on the screen and my accompanying Toronto Pearson worker and I critiqued the scan wondering why there was a big red blob on my hip. (By the way, the scan just looked like a gingerbread man cutout.)
My metallic looking (but actually made of plastic) buttons were the only thing that the Toronto Pearson worker could think of. Still not completely convinced, in the end, I did get a localized pat-down. I'll bet she was super impressed with my rock hard oblique. Glad to know that even with all of this fancy technology there are still glitches.
So a very ex
No comments:
Post a Comment