Friday, November 14, 2014

Holding out

For the past couple of years, I would wait until (at least) December 1st to switch to my sorta winter coat. And then wait until (at least) January 1st to switch to my actual winter coat.
I'm wondering if I'll have to make the switch a little earlier this year. So far so good. I mean, there's no snow on the ground (which is kinda nice seeing as how I know lots of other people in different cities and provinces who already have had to deal with snow this year) sauf a random day here and there we're hovering around 0 degrees.
I've been going back and forth between two fall coats that I own, always ensuring that I have a mega warm scarf. The scarf makes all the difference. I probably should pull out my mittens (I need to buy a new pair of leather gloves...freak accident last year where something leaked in my bag and I'm not sure if I can revive my gloves) because my hands are always in my pockets.
Some nights I am feeling a little chilly, but I just walk faster and think of the warmth that's waiting for me at home. Do I dare switch to a different coat. We'll see.
Oh, and for some warm thoughts, the picture is from the first weekend after I moved into my place. I was having a snack on my front balcony (I have a side and rear one as well!), writing some cards, and being serenaded by Rush or Bowie (I forget) and the many folks who were out and about and hanging out across the street in/by
the pool (which was the last weekend it was open).

No comments: