Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Belgium and Paris

In exactly one week, I'll be arriving in Brussels.
I'm so exctied for this trip because I've never been to Belgium and I LOVED Paris.
We're flying in to Brussels, doing tourist things like walking tours and visiting the European Parliament, but the highlight of the Belgium part of the trip will be attending the Remembrance Day ceremony in Flanders Fields/Ypres. I'm thinking the experience will be Dachau-esque.
We take the train to Paris and hit up every single tourist go-see possible. I've bascially seen them all, so I'm not as excited about this, although as mentioned before I loved Paris SO much the first time around. I have a couple goals for the Paris portion of the trip:

1. Shop (last time, I spent my whole time visiting all of the monuments and Museums, that I didn't get to shop at all)
2. Find the Paris Opera House (the one tourist place I didn't get to last time)
3. Find the Amelie cafe
and
4. Have a drink at a cafe while watching the world go by. All by myself.

I'm proud to say that I actually like spending time alone. That's not to say that I don't like spending time with others as well, but sometimes you just want to be doing your own thing and not having to worry about anyone else. You know? (Insert one of zillions of "strong-independant-woman" songs here as Miss Jao walks, no wait, *struts* towards the horizon.)

No comments: