Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Cassis

Cassis is a pretty popular flavour here. Cassis = black currant.

Word association time!

Cassis = roll of gummies found at cashier of Chinese supermarkets.

Someone tell me that they have this memory too?!? I'm positive the only reason I've heard of black currant is from reading the wrapper and eating those wine-gum-ish things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I never thought of them as cassis (since I don't think in French) but the only time I ever saw blackcurrants was 1. as those rolls of gummy pastilles in the Chinese supermarket, and 2. as drinking boxes in the Chinese supermarket. Man those drinks were nasty.


W

*L* said...

a little misleading
ok, so i don't associate "cassis" with the gummies, but the smell and thought of "black currant".
and i don't remember that drink at all...

i also don't remember ever buying the gummies, or mom/dad buying them for us. just sharing with other people.