Monday, December 06, 2004

Impromptu to Milano

This past weekend, I took an impromptu trip to Milan. It was the first time since being here in Europe, that I just took off at the last minute.
Although everything's so close, you don't actually get much time in the destination after all the time spent travelling. I guess I can't really complain though.
It was any shopper's dream come true. Too many stores to list here.

Some things I noticed:
- contrary to popular belief, I gotta say that not ALL Italians are stylish (although the non-stylish ones could have been tourists), but I will admit that there's a greater percentage of well dressed folk compared to Toronto, for example.
- older women love their fur coats.
- stilletos on cobblestones...I still think these ladies have super strong ankles.
- Italian men dress well. I do have some stylish men friends, but I have met many who have trouble in this area. The one truly Italian gentleman-friend I have is one fashion-savvy individual, and I'm sure that's just because he's uberfunktastic, but I'm starting to think it could also be genetic.
- men wearing headbands is a Thing.
- coats with poofy collars is a Thing. (I considered getting one...)
- THE Via Montenapoleone has Courtesy Cars that strangely look like golf carts. Fine, if you want to pamper those spending the big bucks in your fancy stores by saving them from having to walk themselves, that's all fine and good, but by putting them on golf carts?!? Where they look dorky and freeze their bums?
- sequined belts are great.
- European women love their yappy dogs, and Italians are no exception. In Italy however, I noticed that hot dog dogs are more the norm.
- I'm not sure how Italians stay slim. I'm always so full after the 1st pasta course. Or maybe it's just that it's so rich. The portion isn't necessarily big.

P.S. I have added two more bags to my arsenal.

No comments: