Saturday, August 19, 2006

I love "spottings"

Today was a fabulous day. I'm dead tired, because it was so darned long, but it was fabulous nonetheless. I spent my whole day in a skating rink watching and judging skating. It was fab.
As usual, I love "spottings". I still find it so cool when I see people that I've only seen on TV in person (well, sort of only when I see skaters or those related to skating). I think only one or two people will even know half of these names, and I'm only going to put first names, but they're in alphabetical order by last name if you can't tell by their first name. Seeing each person gives me a different feeling. Certain memories and such.

Ryan, Lee, Mark, Petra, Patrick, Shane, Meaghan, Maxim, Leif, Don, Siobhan, Annabelle, Jacinthe, Doug, Michelle, Josh, Chris, Dylan, Kyra, Robert, Ken, Joey, Lauren, Ashton, Dave, Tracy, Kris, Kristy, Hugh, Marina...I get the feeling I'm missing some.

And then there's the whole list of officials I can potentially schmooze with on a regular basis, but I'm just too intimidated by some of them.

There were a couple regular coaches who I didn't see around...they may be at NACS.

I remember some of these people being so little. The puberty fairy definitely came to visit a bunch of them.

I missed Tessa and Scott because I was on the other rink. Grrr.
Oh, and the Sr. Men's Long tomorrow is going to be CRAZY!!! I was on the other rink when Oda skated the short (heard that his 3A just floated, but I friggin won't miss it tomorrow). Chan...love him.

No comments: