Wednesday, August 16, 2006

If they're so good at cheese...

You'd think that being famous for making cheese, Switzerland would be a natural at cheesecake right? Nope. That's too easy.
I don't think they know that it exists, because I haven't even seen somewhere with it on the menu. If I said gateau au fromage to someone there, they'd probably take it literally and get all weirded out. Other countries in Europe try to make cheesecake every so often, but with disappointing results.
Oh wait, there was one place in Switzerland that I remember seeing cheesecake on the menu. Starbucks. Sigh. Of course, I had to get it because I needed a fix so badly. It tasted horrible.
Anyway, so tonight, (well, I guess more accurately, it would be last night) I had the most fabulous cheesecake at bar_one. It was a plain cheesecake, but so rich and topped with peaches and the sweetest, yummiest caramel sauce ever. It was just what I needed. By the end of it, I almost couldn't finish it, because it was so rich, but of course, I took a deep breath and willed myself on. It really didn't take much convincing.

No comments: