So, tonight was the So You Think You Can Dance finale. (If you don't know who won and/or don't want to, don't read the rest of this.)
I really enjoy the dancing of all of the top four dancers, but I was rooting for Travis. That guy can to the most amazing turns! His balance and control is amazing!
I thought that it would come down to the men being the top two, so I was right about that. I wonder if the fact that I'm sure the majority of the audience is female has anything to do with it. The ladies were both amazing as well, but the two guys just blew me away.
I didn't watch the finale of the first season, so I don't know if the format was the same, or if the dancers "drew" the order that the would perform their solos in (and subsequently the order that they would find out if they were "America's favorite dancer", but being the first two dancers to perform made it seem pretty obvious to me that they wouldn't win. It just wouldn't build the suspense properly.
I was and at the same time was not surprised that Benji won. I didn't watch the beginning of the series, but I'd heard about the emotional stuff that he'd been through before the show (not necessarily saying that's why he won). I don't know. He's a great performer, but to me, Travis has the whole package. The technique, along with the performance. I think Travis has it more.
I wish I knew a little bit more about the style of performance that will be required of the winner in the Celine Dion show. I know that America picked the winner, and not someone attached with the Celine Dion show, but I wonder how Benji will find the choreography. I'm sure he'll be fantastic. I wonder if he'll get relegated to some of the crappier parts of the show though. I only say that, because MTV Europe had a dance contest with Wade Robson (who created some great pieces for SYTYCD) called MTV Shakedown. Along with a contract with a dance agency, the winner of this show (the dancers were incredible) got a part in an Ashanti's "Only You" video. The girl who won really didn't get much screen time. Maybe the other dancers were legitimately better that she was, but who knows.
Oh, and host cat Deeley's dress looked strangely familiar. In case you're wondering, it's Gucci.
No comments:
Post a Comment