Well, I'm done reading the fourth (Because I'm Worth It) and fifth (I Like it Like That) books from the Gossip Girl series by Cecily von Zeigesar.Nothing of interest to report. The books are quick and easy to read and that's why they're so great for commutes and minutes before bed reading.
Just like with most chic lit, there's a lot of store, label and "it-list" name dropping. I was happy to see a shout out to moon boots! I have to pull mine out sometime
here in Canada. I just have to work up the courage to do it, because I'm not sure if anyone else here wears em. Chances are, no. Anyway, I haven't had any problems with any of the terminology used (even the slang, being surrounded by teens all the time helps) until this one: "potsticker".HUH?!? The context was that a teenager was eating a "wild mushroom potsticker". Seeing as how there's a lot of drugs in the book, I was confused...'shrooms? Pot?
How embarrased was I when I googled the term and found out that potstickers are really "pot"-"stickers"!!! Yeh yeh yeh: Guotie!!! I guess not everyone speaks Chinese. Wicked wicked wicked.
- pictures courtesy of www.chapters.indigo.ca
No comments:
Post a Comment