I didn't think that I would get to fly again for quite some time...yet, next week, I'm boarding a plane to head out west. First time to Vancouver!
I'm so excited. I've hear such great things about the city, and I will finally be able to say that I've gone west of Ontario. It's pretty embarrassing how little of Canada I've actually seen. I hope the change that sooner rather than later.
Anyway, just like with most of my trips, I'm doing a little research on the net and scouting out touristy things.
I've only started my search, but have realized that it's the Vancouver International Film Festival while I'm out there. Not as big at the Toronto version, but going through the event, I see that there are quite a lot of potentially good movies there. Some of the big shows are already at "Rush" status (Lust, Caution) but surprisingly, some of the other big guns aren't quite there yet (hello...Persepolis?!?). Too bad I can't make the screening times, or else I'd be there in a flash. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to watch movies out there, but it's really really tempting...
No comments:
Post a Comment