Saturday, June 06, 2009

Today at the market...

Okay okay, it's true. The market is much better the earlier you go. Sure, you can't get ridiculous deals ("Here! Take all of the carrots I have left for $2!"), but there's a lot more choice and all of the vendors are still there.
What did I buy today, you ask? Let's see:
- asparagus
- broccoli
- brussels sprouts
- lettuce (not arugula - frowny face)
- sweet potatoes
- sweet potato cookies
- Swiss muesli and raisin bread
I shared a candied apple, and I think it was the first time that I've ever had one. Let's just say, it might not be the last...uh oh.
The market was wonderful as always...strawberry season is coming. I think I'm going to make plans to go picking. As much as I love the market, picking fruit is always a fun outing.

No comments: