Someone had mentioned TED Talks to me this past weekend, and I had to check it out to remind myself that I had indeed watched a talk before.
And yeah - they're good.
I've been watching a couple talks over the past couple of days and while they all have a nice take home message, some have been more moving than others.
Two that stood out so far are "Benjamin Zander on music and passion" where I outright laughed at his deceptive cadence comment (I think I'm guilty of doing it too) and "Jill Bolte Taylor's stroke of insight".
I'm looking forward to watching some more talks and am in awe, of course not only of their message, but of many of the speaker's public speaking capabilities. This is something that I'm trying to improve upon.
Anyway, I'm enjoying listening to the talks and am happy to have yet another outlet for procrastination.
It's a shame Randy Pausch didn't have a chance to speak.
No comments:
Post a Comment