Thursday, January 06, 2005

...

On Wednesday, January 5th, 2005 at 12 noon, Europe held 3 minutes of silence for the victims of the Tsunami Disaster in Asia.
Since the earthquake, I've tried to figure out if or how I would address this issue on my blog. I am still no closer to the answer, except that my fingers seem to be typing something at this very moment.
Do what you think best for yourself in this situation. Everyone has their own way of dealing with an event like this, and for some reason, I do not feel like listing possibilities or anything like that in this forum. I think that's for you to decide what to make of everything.
I've never been really good at realising the enormous effect/affect something like this has, especially when it doesn't directly effect me. I know of ~35 people (personally) that were in Thailand during the holidays who were luckily no in harm's danger, but did have to alter some of their plans and have heard talked to people who know of people in area who still aren't accounted for, but somehow in my genetic makeup I remain the same.
Still, I know I don't need to say it (because you'll do whatever you want), but..ummm...do whatever you want.

No comments: