Last Thursday night I went to see Crash at one of the local cinemas. Going into the movie, all I knew was that it was about racism. I'm the type of person who needs to know lots of details about the movie that I'm going to see and what type of movie it's going to be. Like, is it going to be super-Hollywood-esque, artsy, what have you. Needless to say, I was already uncomfortable before the movie started becuas eI didn't know what to expect.
Then the movie began, and although I knew that the movie was about racism, I felt very uncomfortable for the first half hour or so. I cannot stress very enough. Racism is a pretty touchy subject for me already, and before I could getting settled into the movie, I felt so uncomfortable sitting there.
The movie starts with one of the main characters examining a scene of a crime. He soon has a flashback with takes the audience back and introduces them to the cast of characters whose daily lives you will follow until you are brought back to the crime scene and the final moments of the movie. The characters come from different backgrounds, have different challenges and different lives. They are devoted and have relationships which they treasure. They are all very caring and passionate and in some way affected by racism. Their lives inevitably intertwine and their actions and reactions affect one another.
About an hour and a half into the movie the dreaded moment hit. When all the storylines intertwined in the most predictable manner. From then on in, the rest of the movie was a write off.
...
But not really.
This movie was so intense. The acting (for the most part) was amazing. Though predictable, it was still really interesting.
I think I can't really describe how I feel about this movie, because I'm not really good at deciphering my feelings/emotions when it comes to issues on touchy subjects.
Eitherway, definetely a must see movie.
No comments:
Post a Comment