Another "again" experience (see early October 2004 post for details).
Again we headed to Lignieres on the Saturday of Fete weekend to see the parade. It was pretty much the same as the year before and the streets were lined with the same vendors at the same spots (come to think of it, Fete was set up exactly the same way - if it ain't broke, don't fix it). Again, I ate some lemon pie and this time added some sausage and fudge to the mix.
[By the way, this fete, I sampled steak and onions hamburgers, chocolate covered strawberries, chocolate covered pineapple, these long donut-ish things sprinkled in cinnamon which I forget what they're called, calamari, Guarana, beer nuts, sprite, hot chocolate and most impressively a huge piece of grilled morree (sp?!? I vaguely remember the French name, but can't seem to figure out what it is)]
I noticed that there were less cows this year. And smaller bells too. Only one cow had a tree on its head, but it was a whole tree instead of just a branch. Many other cows had wreaths around their waists. I did read about cows coming down from Lignieres early this year, so maybe they didn't feel like waiting for the parade, and headed down the hill themselves?!?
It's still a pretty impressive parade though, because it's such a cute little small town affair, but with lots of tourists in attendance to join in on the festivities.
Good times.
1 comment:
do you mean eel? Moray?
was the chocolate pineapple good? Sounds like it would be too contrasty sweet vs sour.
Post a Comment