The first film was Hurricane on the Bayou. Apparently the idea of the film was supposed to be about the Bayou and conserving the wetlands in the area...but then, hurricane Katrina hit, so the producers wanted to include it into the story. The film followed a couple people and their journey and it was nice that they tried to create a story surrounding them, but for some reason it didn't have any effect on me. I did learn some interesting facts from the film, but it didn't have the power that most films shown in IMAX cinemas have. Unfortunately, I am very indifferent about the film.
The second film was Dinosaurs, Giants of Patagonia and it was great. Good for kids of all ages (although for the young children, some of the dinos may be a little scary) and parents will find certain moments quite amusing as well. The film focused on the discovery of a giant herbivore and carnivore species in Argentina and did a great overview of everything dino. Types of dinos, dinos vs. reptiles, vegetation of the time, life of a dino, extinction, paleontology...great, great, great. It was a wonderful overview of the age of dinosaurs by way of the discovery of two specific dinosaurs. This movie, I would recommend.Also, I had my first movie theatre buttered popcorn in a long time. The first two bites were delicious and then I felt like puking. Ugh. That stuff is gross.
- pictures courtesy of www.ontarioplace.com
No comments:
Post a Comment