Well, saving $15000 (you never heard it from me) means that I've got a lot more time on my hands and have a lot less time specifically set aside for physical activity.
Surprisingly, I've been going to the gym quite regularly (I never thought I'd see the day that I would go to the gym on my own), but I still don't like it and would rather have another outlet to get some physical activity in there.
I would like to incorporate some sort of activity that I love into my schedule and have a set time for it, so I decided to head back into the dance studio and take some dance classes.
I went to my first one Thursday night and had a wonderful time. The studio is down the street from me, the level is good and the teachers and students are a great group (from what I can tell so far - and the studio has a great reputation). I am extremely sore today, but I know that it will go away. It's kind of funny that although I've been doing tons of physical activity this whole time, I've obviously been working a completely different set of muscles. My calves hurt and ton and my hamstrings (which have always been tight) are ridiculously tight. Everything else is fine though, and it was a tough class (without being too tough). Intense warm up. My abs are happy campers. I think I'm going to try to go at least twice a week. It's nice to do something that you love.
It's also nice to be able to cook again. Part of it is having time to cook and go grocery shopping, but I'm also home to eat too. That doesn't make much sense. I was home for meal times before, but for some reason, I don't remember really sitting down and truly eating. Something was off. Anyway, the point is, I'm cooking and glad that I'm doing it again. I'm not a master chef or anything close, but it's kind of fun and I enjoy eating what I cook. Last week I made a huge pot of beef stew and towards the end of the week dabbled with a salad and right now there's a pot of vegetable barley soup on the stove to go with the cheese, potato and chive bread that I bought from the Leslieville Cheese Market (which carries Brick Street Bakery breads). It smells good.
I'm hungry, I can't wait for the next dance class and I think I'm going to stretch my hammies now.
No comments:
Post a Comment