The One of a Kind Show, Christmas edition is in town and I decided to take a break from my writing (not of this, silly - it's end of term) and head over thanks to a little free re-admission scamming.
I haven't been to the show since I was in university, and in those years, it's become massive. I was a little overwhelmed with the space upon entry, but once I started snaking up and down the aisles, it was pretty manageable.
I didn't see anything too inspirational, but that's not to say that I didn't see things that I liked. There were many variations on the same theme, but that's not atypical of a craft/art show.
The only thing that I saw that I would be tempted to buy for myself was a dessert stand, but it was way out of my price range. It was beautiful.
The show is strategically split up so that, for the most part, similar artisans are stationed in the same area. One thing that I found a little odd was that one end of the hall had a higher percentage of vendors from Quebec. I wonder if that was on purpose. I admit that I lingered in that area to try to re-train myself to understand French.
Oh, do people in the city put sheepskin lining in their baby strollers? Also, (again, in the strollers) do they put their babies in little sleeping bags to keep them warm instead of just covering them with a blanket. I'll have to keep my eye out for that.
There was stuff that I would probably be interested in buying a couple years down the line, but for the moment, I was pretty satisfied to leave the show empty-handed.
The food section was a tasty break with their free samples.
It was quite busy today, and lots of purchases being made. The holiday shopping frenzy is definitely underway!
No comments:
Post a Comment