I think I'm starting to run out of cheeses to try in that "brie" section. What am I going to do when I try all of the cheese in that section? Which section would I go to next? Surely not goat cheeses. Blech!
Rang des Iles Meule is another cheese made from lat pasteurise de vache. As written on the label: Fromage fermier a pate molle et croute mixte. Fait de lait 100% suisse brune. Affinage de 30 jours. 1er service. Vin: Cotes du Rhone blanc. (Translated by google).
The cheese was made in Saint-Gedeon in Lac-Saint-Jean (Quebec) at the Fomagerie Medard. As the description says, it's made by milk from a certain kind of cow (Suisse brune). I don't pick up any particular hints of whatever flavour (but maybe my palate is not refined enough to do so), so the only description I have for it is: creamy. There's no particular aftertaste or anything either. It's another one of those cheeses that I spread onto bread and it's like I'm eating butter. So if that's the type of cheese that you like, this would be a good one!
No comments:
Post a Comment