Watermelon, by Marian Keyes
Total chick lit. Mindless, frivolous, the easiest read. I have to say though, I didn't like how it ended up. I mean, it went in the right direction, but I needed an extra chapter or something to continue the fluff. Fluff is fun and good and there needed to be more to complete the story. For chick lit, it's got to be the perfect storybook ending, right? Sure, this book has some little twists here and there, but when it comes to the resolution, I want them to go all out and lay it on thick.
So if you need a synopsis, here it is (it's basically the same story as every other chick lit). Girl somehow gets shafted by her man. She goes a little nutty and is serious crisis mode. Then she meets some other guy...rebound of sorts. And then the original guy comes back into the picture. But what happens in the end? You'll have to read it to find out! Ha! Oh, and they're British of course. Why is that? Either it's taking place in Manhattan and everyone is so chic and fabulous, or their in the UK where you read the book and imagine everyone speaking with glorious accents.
- picture courtesy of www.chapters.indigo.ca

No comments:
Post a Comment