I recently started to read. It'd be great if I can get into a routine of reading regularly (alliteration FTW!).
I will typically have a more relaxed schedule over the spring and summer months. Still, I have tried to maintain a good schedule. I tend to wake up around 8-8.30am (yes, I know, most people are about to start their work day at that time, but for me this is quite a feat to regularly wake up at this hour - I'm often working evenings with my position so my schedule shifts a bit). And slowly ease into the day. Sometimes this entails reading a little bit in bed. And even eating breakfast! I think that these are all very good things to have as part of my routine because during the year, I did neither. I've typically been arriving into work around 10.30am.
Anyway, the point is, I've been reading. I've been wanting to read something light to match my summer schedule. I don't own too many books that I haven't read, especially ones that don't have heavy topics. I did have one chick lit book on my shelf and thought that it was a perfect place to start. And then I went back to a book that I had started reading awhile ago and but for some reason, never got around to finishing. I'm on my third book now, and have a couple more that I picked up from my work library that will hopefully work out. I'll happily take suggestions if people have them. Mindless books were kind of my target reading for the summer, but my work library doesn't seem to have them (or at least the titles and authors that I knew of). But that's ok - the titles that I've got on my lineup should be relatively easy reading still, of personal interest, and will encourage some synapses to fire.
It would be great if I could get through a couple books over these next couple of months.
The nice weather will help me in my quest. I type this as I sit on my balcony, taking a break from my current book. It's a beautiful day outside and reading and my general routine this past little while has helped me to slow down my pace a bit (needed). It's been good for my mental health too, I think.
No comments:
Post a Comment