Sunday, October 25, 2009

Colour trends

I take a look at a couple colour trends of the season, just to give me an idea what the people in power decide to promote for the season. First of all, I imagine this weirdo meeting amongst a secret fashion mafia who decide what's in for the season. It's too much of a coincidence that many design houses decide to show something so horrible as oversized shoulders, for example. I imagine these people sitting around a big table in a dark room plotting. Plotting weird things. This is better than my original idea that some minimum wage textile makers or fabric dyers just arbitrarily decide what kind of products they want to produce for the season and designers have to use what's made.
The September Issue had a scene where some powerful people sat around the table discussion trends and what they wanted to push for the upcoming season. With my gazillion Indigo gift certificates lying around, I think I'm going to treat myself to the September issue of Vogue in the future. I mean, what else would I buy? Books?!? Ha!
Anyway, a long time ago I had seen the FW'09 colour trends. I haven't been paying attention to whether or not Purple Heart (Pantone 18-3520) has hit it big or not. I'm not sure I really care. I recently noticed trends for FW'10 show up and was immediately intrigued. The palettes are quite nice, and it doesn't hurt that they both have black (no colour code needed!) included. Nice.

No comments: