Walking home from dance class this morning, I saw an inordinate number of cars lining up to get on the Gardiner. Now, normally the onramp from Spadina Ave to the Gardiner west is ridiculous. People have to cut in at the last moment, and it's just a crazy scene, but today was worse than usual.
After walking closer to the scene, turns out that the Gardiner is actually closed. So cars are waiting at this closed gate. A lot of cars. And it's bumper to bumper, so cars can't even try and bail if they wanted to. And I wasn't really sure why cars would be waiting anyway.
After a little bit of search, the Garner was closed until Noon, but obviously they're at least an hour in re-opening.
I wonder how the people in the cars are feeling right now.
I was surprised that no one flagged me down to ask what was going on. I would think after being in the back of this crazy long line for an onramp that, albeit usually has a long line, people would be wondering why it's not moving. Of course, there's the chance that everyone in the line knows exactly what's going on and is just waiting for the gates to bet opened. Call me cynical, but I don't think that Toronto drivers are just that good. It's this bizarro gridlock that really put a smile on my face because it seemed so weird. Although, I guess people (myself included) stand in long lines to enter museums, buy tickets to a show, etc. So what's wrong with cars lining up to get on the highway?
No comments:
Post a Comment