Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Panic!!!

I was going to read up on some local news (I have some time to kill) so I turned to the Toronto Star website. Perhaps it was my timing, but splayed across the top of the screen in red was BREAKING NEWS. H1N1 outbreak at Mount Sinai Hospital. Way to get people to freak out.
Sure this stuff is important to know, but all of a sudden I feel like I could be in the movie, Outbreak. Since I have feelings of invisibility, I'm not too thrown off.
I'm just a little amused to see it there. Now, if we all have to be quaranteened, I'll eat my words, but for now, I'll just read up about some other news fluff. Hmmm...I haven't visited People Magazine's website recently. Ha.

Edit: So I just read the article about the outbreak and it goes into very little detail about, well, anything. Statistics are pretty flimsy and there isn't much heft to make us think more deeply about the situation.

No comments: