It's a ghost town in the downtown core today, and another great day for wandering the streets to take in more G20 amazingness. A couple gates have been closed, but I nothing was really closed off quite yet. I don't really understand why some things shut down Thursday and Friday, because based on what I've seen, there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in the city. Except for the huge police presence and big fences. I walked to the Eaton Centre, figuring it might be a little bit emptier than usual. It was. Fantastic. I loitered in the electronics section of the department stores to watch some of the Fifa World Cup. I wasn't the only one. Crappy thing was that everyone was showing the Chile-Spain game. I know why they're getting first billing over the Switzerland-Honduras game, but I would have wanted to see just one in the fifty TVs showing the game that I cared more about. As I stood and watched the game, I had a feeling of dread that Spain was in the lead. I try not to think ill of anyone, but I really want the Swiss to advance to the next round...so, you know.
Anyway, I'm wondering if the city will be any different this weekend. I hope I catch at least one convoy. My view has to be good for something, afterall.
No comments:
Post a Comment