Saturday, June 26, 2010

Executive decision

I really wanted to witness a riot. I wanted to see what one is like. Feel the emotion. Observe the movement. Hear the sounds.
I've finally decided that I'm going to let this one pass. There are some things that may be better not experienced.
It's fascinating how we're wired in that I, as a person who doesn't want to be a participant of a riot in any way shape or form, desperately wanted to be there.
I am following the action on-line.
And it's more interesting that I would have been more prone to going if someone else had asked me to join them as a spectator.
The mob mentality. Curiousity.
I can't help but think back the BBC educational series about kids growing up and the changes in their brain. How in the teenaged years there's a chemical imbalance that contributes to teens being more daring and making silly decisions.
I'm past that age, but the urge is still there.
Maybe I'll go later on when it's all over. See? I still come up with thoughts of wanting to get in there.
I should put a movie in and go offline.

Finally: 89!

No comments: