Ram posted this link on his website. Click on napstered to see the full article written by the mother of one of the teenaged shooters from the Columbine Massacre.
As soon as I started to read the article, everything else that I was doing (multi-tasking) started to get blurry. I'm not a big reader, but this read was absolutely compelling.
Oh boy, the issues that this raises. I mean, the actual massacre (and the information that was uncovered soon after) raised them all, but for me, they've faded from my radar over time.
I don't want to point fingers in this case, because I don't think I know enough about the situation and I don't think pointing fingers will do anything anyway. But boy, my mind is racing.
Not being a metafilter regular, I don't know if this is normal, but stopped reading the comments pretty early on. Forgive me for being judgmental, but some of those comments are pretty useless. For such a thought provoking article, I was highly disappointed with the quality of some of the comments. I shouldn't be too surprised, I don't bother reading comments on a lot of other information portals anymore for the same reason. Shame on me, I should be more welcoming to all viewpoints, especially given what I do.
1 comment:
The comments there are better than they are on most sites, but yeah, there is a lot of stupid too. Anyway, where are a few more thought out ones in that thread.
Post a Comment