Sunday, July 17, 2005

Confessions of a Shopaholic

Confessions of a Shopaholic, by Sophie Kinsella

Continuing on with my summer of easy reading, I just finished reading the first book in the Shopaholic series (I'd read a later one earlier this year - because it was easily accessible - with quite good results).
For sure a chick-lit book, it was quite easy and fun to read. Nothing too strenuous, and while I read it off and on, little bits at a time, I never had to worry about forgetting what had just happened. As long as you could get the gist of the whole book, you were fine. I mean there were a couple things that could have happened. She shopped and blew too much money. She went to work and was bored. She got letters from the bank/credit card companies. Something about potential blossoming love.
It was definitely a perfect ending type of story, but I think with this type of book, I would be disappointed if it wasn't. Gotta love a cheesy happy ending when everything works out perfectly. A warm-fuzzies book. I hope my life has a perfect-ending!
Seriously though, the next book on my list is the second Shopaholic book (might a well go through with the whole series since I've started)...I'm sure after I'm done that one, I'll have a similar kind of reflection on it. Not too much substance, but everything perfect as expected with this kind of book. Perfect for a mindless summer.

No comments: