Wednesday, July 06, 2005

My first wedding

Congratulations to the FAB bride and groom, I couldn't have asked for a better couple to have as my first wedding to be a part of.

My first bridesmaid duty, and hopefully not a sign of "always a bridesmaid, never a bride" to come. She knew what she was getting herself into, but I was still really really sad that I couldn't be around for the whole year to help with the prep and stuff. I'll never forget the one thing that I am so fortunate to have been able to experience: the dress search.

I KNEW it was the one as soon as she put it on. There was the whole dilemma with that other dress, and I definetely didn't want to sway her eitherway, but this dress was perfect. It was the case of seeing it, and just knowing. I'm glad she decided that it was the right one as well. She was absolutely stunning on the big day. If I had any emotion, I would shed a tear...=)

Seriously though, even though I wasn't around throughout the year, I guess they wouldn't have gotten such International presents otherwise. And seeing as how one special store in Yorkville is now gone, the bride wouldn't have been able to get two FAB pieces (if I do say so myself) otherwise! I hope that they enjoy their gifts as much as I had looking for them and carrying them around on various plane rides! It was stressful looking for the perfect gifts (and heavy), but you're both worth it. I really hope ya'll like 'em!

It was a couple days filled with first experiences (which I love!). I missed the bachelorette (after hearing the stories, maybe a good thing!) so couldn't experience that, but can't have it all. I can't even put into words how great this past weekend was.

Here's to just a few of the countless fabulous moments and memories:
- a good massage experience (to make up for sketchy Budapest)
- a pedicure (still feel sorry for the lady who had to deal with my horrible feet - and remember when I was so terrified to put polish on my nails way back when?)
- 4 parades?!?
- a strapless dress
- the perfect musical selection for everything
- that ridiculous walk that everyone has to do down the aisle
- relaxing and rejoicing in the back room
- stretch limo
- ultimate jet-lag but wouldn't change it for a moment
- busting a move on the dance floor with your best friends
- seeing two faces of utter happiness and full of love

A special Kudos to the make-up guru who did my eyes in such a way that I actually liked! Now that's no simple feat! I should've paid more attention to how it was done! Darn it.

Another special mention to some girls who shaped my university life. A group of highly accomplished and driven young ladies. Can't wait until our next big hurrah! To the future lawyer of the group: we WILL see each other again soon.

I can only hope that if I get married, my wedding will be as perfect and beautiful as theirs!

To the new Mrs: You're fabulous and I love you...

No comments: