Thursday, July 21, 2005

Shopaholic Ties the Knot

Shopaholic Ties the Knot, by Sophie Kinsella

The third of the Shopaholic series, yet another quick read, but either I'm getting bored of reading this series (which, if this is the case, no worries, because I don't have any more to read) or else this one wasn't as good. I flipped by a couple pages at the 2/3 point.
As always, it's still the same story line as before, except that you know at the end she's going to get married. It's always a happy ending for these kinds of books, but I gotta say that getting to the happy ending in this one seemed a little forced. The first part of the solution to the big issue in this book just seemed so completely bogus and like the author has to resolve the issue quick so she decided to go this one route and deal with it fast. It was a little annoying...and then got crazier and certain things happened which didn't make any sense, because if they did the whole problem probably could have been dealt with the same way right from the get go.
Whatever. It's just chic lit.
So I'm done reading a whole series of books. If you want a fun read, I would highly suggest reading the Shopaholic books. They're pretty fun. I liked the first on the best though.

No comments: