I had high expectiations for Lost in Translation, and is quite often the case, was disappointed after watching it. It was OK I guess, but it didn't blow me away. I could have been tired and wasn't in the right state of mind to watch it, but I found parts of it a little slow. I think that's the point though. That life is slow when you're "lost".
I usually like either super-duper Hollywood movies (because as cliche as they are, at least I know that's what I was getting myself into) or completely the opposite (not sure how to classify the type of movie I like - not Indie perse, which I would consider the opposite of mega-Hollywood), and this movie I guess would classify as the latter, but anyway...it wasn't THAT great.
Okay, the more I think about it, the more I liked it. But at the time, I swear I was bored.
I'm sure there's great discussion about it (or it's known somewhere out there, but I'm way behind on the times)...but what does he whisper in her ear at the end? (Maybe it was audible, but by that point I wasn't paying much attention).
No comments:
Post a Comment