Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, by J.K. Rowling
My first book of the summer, and I figured it should be an easy one. I get the feeling that most, if not all of my summer reading books will be pretty light and airy. Not sure how much time I will be able to dedicate to one book, and you know how bad my memory is, and how frustrated I can get.
Anyway, obviously part of the wildly popular Harry Potter series. Book number three, and like the other two, read AFTER watching the movie. I was actually planning on reading this one BEFORE watching the movie (was going to read it last summer - no prospects of being able to watch/rent the movie), but headed off to Switzerland before I could read the book and had no idea when Harry Potter would enter my mind again.
You may have noticed that a previous post shows me watching a whole lot of DVDs all of a sudden in a pretty short span of time (which I never really explained, but still and putting that post off for a little while longer). Harry Potter, Number 3 being one of those DVDs. So I watched it, and enjoyed it.
Just a couple days ago, I got hold of a copy of the book, and read it (quite quickly I might add!). I'm not sure which one I liked better. It was sort of weird because certain things I knew happened in the movie didn't happen exactly in the same order as in the book, so I was waiting for them to happen, or was confused when something else happened first. I don't know. Maybe because I'm pretty visual I enjoyed the film better, or maybe because it was my first experience with the story-line so I was more on the edge of my seat. Nothing to take away from the book though. I really really liked reading it. Enough for me to not want to put the book down. It was really easy to get through the book. I felt like I was being compeled to keep reading, I think mainly because I wanted to get to parts I knew were coming.
Anyway, I definetely enjoyed both the book and the film and I'm looking forward to reading book number 4 this summer (which if I find interesting means that watching the movie first isn't what makes me like reading the book!).
Here's to a great start on lots of summer reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment