Fete was FAB. It was one heck of a street party. Very crowded with music blaring. I was still really sick that weekend, but I was told that there were lots of great smelling things too (food stands were everywhere).
I tried eating a deep-fried Indian thing. The funniest was that I could feel the texture and consistency in my mouth (it was crunchy), but I couldn't taste a thing. So I experienced what it was like to lose one of my senses. I mean, I couldn't taste ANYTHING. Usually when you're sick you can taste a little something, but I coudlnt' taste anything at all. I found it funny because I knew it was supposed to be spicy, but I couldn't taste any spicy flavours. All of a sudden though my mouth started to burn, but it was weird because my brian wasn't recieving the usual signals that my mouth feels that way because I ate/tasted something spicy. Anyway, it was a weird experience, and yet another one of those things that most people wouldnm't care about, but I found completely interesting.
There was a whole amusement park with games and rides set up by the water too. So fab.
Many cultural groups were represented. Food and craft stands from Brazil, China, Thailand, India, Mexico. Musicians and street performers. I ate kebabs, roasted chestnuts, Indian food, Portugese food, crepes, mmmmmmmmmmmm! And of course drinks were flowing freely.
The whole city was out having a great time. Lots of non-Neuch people too. From Switzerland...other countries too. My bus was packed going home at midnight. Even at the last stop. This NEVER happens. What a great time.
It's too bad Fete is only once a year. Neuch is pretty quiet the rest of the time. Every city needs a good raucous party every so often. I guess that's why the Neuchateloise party so hard the one weekend they can.
No comments:
Post a Comment