Friday, October 29, 2004

Attempt at happiness foiled...again

I was really looking forward to starting to skate at the local club. Monday and Wednesday nights of this week were my chance at happiness. Foiled!
Monday...I was so excited that I was giddy. It's hard to explain how much I am obsessed with this sport. It also has to do with the fact that I need to be active or else I will go crazy. Equate it to the weirdo people who are addicted to going running or to the gym. I'm a weirdo person who needs to skate (or dance - stay tuned for this installment next week). Anyway, I was ready to go skating, when a 1h45min staff meeting foiled my plans. Alas, 'tis the destiny of a teacher.
Wednesday...keeping my fingers crossed. Getting really antsy. Looking forward to going. Ate McDonalds. Go to the rink half and hour early, only to learn that I'm actually half an hour late. So I missed the session. Darn 24hour time. It's just too confusing. Miss Jao was a slightly annoyed girl.
Some redemption. Today, at the rink skating on the Jr. Synchro Worlds ice surface. Fab. Up until now, I've been skating on the rink in the adjoining building. So I guess the Jr. Synchro Worlds practice rink. Almost better than the big rink beacuse it has a big window wall that looks out at the lake and the alps, but the rink is reminiscent of the Galaxy and big 'ole drippy speed bumps. Oh how I miss the Galaxy.
The plan from now on: skate three days a week. Monday and Wednesday nights as well as Fridays at lunch.

No comments: