Neuch has been pretty on and off recently. Two weeks ago, it seemed that fall had arrived as all of a sudden, from 20 degrees Celsius, it dropped to around 5 degrees, complete with wind and some rain. Last week was beautiful. Cooler at dawn and dusk, during midday, temperatures would reach 15-20 degrees. On Sunday, I soaked up some rays on my balcony.
The days seem short here. I always wake up between 6:30-8:00am on weekdays and it’s always pitch black outside. So hard (for someone like me who needs a lot of sleep) to wake up to a dark sky. Reminds me of early morning Varsity practices. I’m used to waking up to the bright sun outside my Scarborough home. When leaving my apartment, I seem to always be walking into a fog. I arrive to school in darkness, and when I leave the building for lunch, it’s bright sunshine and warm rays. Night time settles pretty normally.
Apparently, since Neuch is in a valley, and on the water’s edge, we get weird weather. Similar to Kingston actually. Often cloudy, rainy and windy. Similar to Leysin, being in a fog, is more like being in a middle of a cloud. If you take the funiculaire up, it’s clear and sunny skies since you’re above the clouds. Those were some of my greatest memories from Leysin. Standing in a cloud, and being able to look down on them.
Today, (at around 1:10pm) there was a short thunderstorm. It came from the West. It was incredible. You could see it coming, and you could see it move along the water. Looking south, you could see the grey mass of clouds move towards the East, and faintly see the rain coming down in sheets. Weather’s a pretty wonderful thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment